YouTube has established itself as one of the leading video-sharing platforms in the world. With over two billion monthly active users, it’s not surprising that many people are flocking to the platform to showcase their talents, interests, and products.
While it may seem daunting to compete with established creators on YouTube, there are ways to get more views and grow your channel. Here are 14 proven ways to get more views on YouTube.
Create attention-grabbing thumbnails
Thumbnails are the first thing viewers see when browsing videos on YouTube. A well-designed thumbnail can capture a viewer’s attention and entice them to click on your video.
Here are some tips for creating attention-grabbing thumbnails:
- Use high-quality images
- Include text to explain your video’s content
- Add contrasting colors to make your thumbnail pop
- Create consistency across your videos to help viewers identify your channel
Look at AsapSCIENCE’s channel for great examples of how to create attention-grabbing thumbnails.
Create engaging video content
One of the most important factors to get more views on YouTube is to produce engaging video content. Your video should be interesting, informative, and visually appealing to keep viewers interested.
Here are some tips for creating engaging video content:
- Start with a strong hook to grab viewers’ attention
- Create clear and concise content that’s easy to follow
- Make sure your video has a cohesive structure
- Use high-quality video and audio equipment for better visual appeal
- Keep your videos short and sweet to keep viewers from losing interest
Some of the best examples of engaging video content on YouTube can be found on Vsauce’s channel.
Optimize your video titles and descriptions
Your video title and description are some of the most critical facets of getting more views on YouTube. These aspects can help your video rank better in search results and attract more viewers.
Here are some tips for optimizing your video titles and descriptions:
- Include relevant keywords in your title and description to improve searchability
- Make your title and description clear and engaging to attract viewers
- Add relevant timestamps to your video descriptions to help viewers navigate your content better
Check out PewDiePie’s channel for great examples of well-optimized video titles and descriptions.
Promote your videos on social media
Promoting your videos on social media can help drive traffic to your channel and increase your views. Share your videos on popular platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to reach a broader audience.
Here are some tips for promoting your videos on social media:
- Add a link to your video in your social media bio
- Create eye-catching social media posts to entice viewers to watch your videos
- Exploit relevant hashtags to get your videos in front of more people
A great example of social media promotion can be found on Zak George’s channel.
Collaborate with other creators
Collaborating with other creators is an excellent way to cross-promote your channel and get more views. Find creators in your niche and reach out to them about collaborating on a video.
Here are some tips for collaborating with other creators:
- Ensure you share similar content and audiences
- Brainstorm unique video ideas to create innovative content
- Promote each other’s channels and videos to expand reach and increase views
A great example of successful collaborations can be found on Smosh’s channel.
Participate in trends and challenges
Participating in trends and challenges is a great way to stay relevant and reach a larger audience on YouTube. Jump on the latest challenges and incorporate them into your videos to get more exposure.
Here are some tips for participating in trends and challenges:
- Research trending hashtags to stay ahead of the competition
- Adapt challenges to your style and content niche
- Collaborate with other YouTubers to create unique challenge videos
A great example of a YouTuber successfully participating in trends and challenges can be seen on Dude Perfect’s channel.
Playlists are a great way to keep viewers engaged with your content and encourage longer viewing sessions. Organize your videos into playlists that are relevant to specific topics, niches, or themes.
Here are some tips for creating engaging playlists:
- Curate your playlists to highlight your best content
- Add clear and descriptive titles to your playlists to attract viewers
- Use customized playlist covers to make them visually appealing
A great example of YouTube playlists done right is on Kevin Hart’s Laugh Out Loud channel.
Engage with your viewers
Engaging with your viewers is a great way to build a loyal audience and get more views on YouTube. Respond to comments on your videos, interact on social media, and create polls to gather feedback from your followers.
Here are some tips for engaging with your viewers:
- Be prompt and authentic in your responses to comments and messages
- Create consistent feedback polls to gather your viewers’ insights
- Showcase your viewers on your channel by highlighting their comments or creating dedicated videos just for them
A great example of a YouTuber who’s great at engaging with his viewers is CaptainSparklez.
Promote your channel through email marketing
Email marketing can be used to promote your channel and drive traffic to your videos. Use email marketing platforms like Mailchimp to create newsletters and personal messages to your subscribers about your latest videos.
Here are some tips for promoting your channel through email marketing:
- Create eye-catching email templates to promote your videos
- Segment your email list to target specific audiences
- Add a link to your latest video in your email signature
A great example of a YouTube channel that uses email marketing is Fashion blogger Angelica Blick’s channel.
Use YouTube ads to promote your videos
Using YouTube ads is a great way to promote your videos and get more views on YouTube. YouTube ads can help you reach a larger audience and be targeted toward specific demographics.
Here are some tips for using YouTube ads:
- Set clear objectives for your ad campaign like increasing views or reaching a specific audience
- Create eye-catching and engaging ad content to entice viewers to click
- Set a budget and adjust targeting settings to reach your ideal audience
A great example of a YouTube channel that uses YouTube ads to promote their content is Hootsuite’s channel.
Follow YouTube’s best practices
Following YouTube’s best practices can ensure your videos rank better in search results and attract more viewers. Make sure you’re up to date on YouTube’s guidelines and policies.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Keep video titles, tags, and descriptions relevant and specific
- Upload videos in the highest quality possible
- Use closed captions, subtitles, and translations to make your videos accessible to a broader audience
A great example of a YouTube channel that follows best practices is GQ’s channel.
Create a content calendar
Creating a content calendar can help you create a consistent and relevant schedule for your channel. Plan ahead to create content that’s timely, engages with trending topics, and caters to your viewer’s expectations.
Here are some tips for creating a content calendar:
- Identify your content goals and set a feasible publishing schedule
- Brainstorm new ideas to ensure your content stays fresh and exciting
- 18Use analytics to determine what content resonates with your viewers the most and optimize based on those insights
A great example of a YouTube channel that follows a content calendar is Hannah Hart’s channel.
Implementing these tips can help you get more views on YouTube and grow your channel. Remember that creating engaging content, following YouTube’s best practices, and promoting your videos go a long way in attracting viewers. Start implementing these tips today to unleash your YouTube success!