Once upon a time, Google provided users the exact keyword searches people were entering to locate their website. When they recently stopped, many people were upset by not having immediate insight into this powerful data. The good news, however, is that Google has started to include this valuable information inside their Analytics dashboard.
Here is how you can identify what keyword queries people are using to find you and how you can optimize your content around those keywords to maximize your online lead generation.
To start, you need to link your Google Analytics account to your Webmaster Tools account. It’s easy, simply:
- Log in to your Analytics Account and choose your profile
- From the sidebar select Acquisitions
- Navigate to Search Console and Select Queries
Once you click Queries, you will be prompted to set up your Webmaster Tools Setting. Click the Edit link and choose the Webmaster Tools account to link to the specific Google Analytics profile that you wish to analyze the keyword traffic for and optimize lead generation for sales. Remember to click save!
Go back to your Google Analytics reporting dashboard and select the Queries report. This will show you:
- Keywords people are using to find your site
- Which keywords you are ranking for
- How many monthly impressions you are getting
- Your average click through rate
Keep in mind that this report does have a 48-hour delay. So, how to use this information to optimize your CRM technology and drive online lead generation?
Increase your Click Through Rate:
This is dependent on two factors – your Google Ranking and the quality of your website copy such as optimized page titles and descriptions. Simply put, well written and SEO friendly content converts. If your click through rate is anywhere from 20 to 40 percent, you’re doing great. If it’s below that, you need to revisit your ranking and improve it by creating relevant content that will increase your click through rate.
So get to your Queries report and use it to drive your online marketing presence and lead generation for sales. It’s simple, so what are you waiting for.
All you need to do to harness the power of your keywords is:
- Synch your Webmaster Tools account to your Google Analytics Profile
- Load your Queries Report and Analyze it
- Optimize your web copy and placement to increase click through rates.